Thursday, December 13, 2007

RPG ice

We got the first sun in days today. The rays peeped through around 10:30, though the sun was low in the sky. Sunlight lit the ice and created a crystallized world in the woods. The temperature was up a few degrees above freezing and once I entered the woods on the hill I noticed the ice was melting. After a few moments amongst the trees the ice began to fall. It would crash against the frozen floor and soon it sounded like a hail storm. It even began to feel like one.

A view across the road from the top of the glade was the canopy a a far hill. The coating of ice on every branch and twig reflected a tiny sun. It was beautiful and I switched to blk&w for a few shots.

When shooting today I ran into a number of difficulties-
I had trouble with debris on my lens. With the ice falling as fast as it was I couldnt keep it off my filter. Another problem I encountered was that most of my photos turned out overexposed. I wonder if a polarized filter would help?

No comments: