Saturday, December 8, 2007

Cedar tree event



I caught this poor woman in the middle of either a yawn, victory cry or maybe a scream of pain due to thetree or cold. Either way, she got her tree and I got a good picture- hope she doesnt find my blog!!!

Shawnee Mission Park- 15 volunteers- 300 pulic sign ins.
Though many volunteers couldnt make it due to the coat of ice on the road, we had an outstanding number of public show up to take their christmas trees. It seemed like everyone had a great time- despite the ice and wind chill (10-14*F).. We had a good fire going and plenty of warm cider and chocolate. I spent most of the time between the fire and tieing trees to cars. Got away from the crowd and found a small group of bluebirds, chickadees and cardinals to photograph near a patch of sumac. The geese constantly flew over and an occasional large gull came from the lake. Couldnt get a picture but my guess is maybe hering gulls.


No comments: