Tuesday, January 13, 2009

AlexGeorge Park

The Blue River's own Alex George Pond. I visited the edge of the 8-acre fishing lake in my way down Blue River rd the other day. I spent a lot of time here with friends and family when I was much younger, but haven't stopped at the park in years. Its peaceful this time of year- a thin sheet of ice over the water and an empty bank made for a lucky stroll down the curved edge of the water. The clouds cleared for a nice bit of warming sun, but only for a few minutes. I found a nice hunk of Cypress??? and a handful of shelf-fungi near the parking area.
The pink cypress wood might be of use to any of you artists out there- I'd hate to see it kicked around there by the fence until some mower threw it into the stream! The log is thick and over four feet in length. good luck if you choose to retrieve it! I want pics of the finished product, be it a chain-sawed bench or a careful sculpture!

No comments: