Wednesday, August 20, 2008

The East Inlet

Ive had the opportunity to walk up this trail several times over the last few days, traveling from the eastern point of Grand lake into the national park. The trail leads 7.6 miles up to Spirit lake, passing the lone pine and verna lakes, and even the giant, round base of Mt Craig.
Ive only been as far as the Lower east inlet cg, but the trail is easy and beautiful to here. There are two large meadows along this portion of the trail, each offering a unique view of Mt Craig, at just over 12000 ft, and the pristine east inlet creek. I saw many small trout in the creek the other afternoon,-will have to take a fly rod up there.

Many people have seen a fox on the trail, though I have been three times and have yet to see 'em....

The ant here was one of approx. a bazillion that attacked my hand when I sat on their rock. They were going to tear me apart if they could! Doesn't he just look vicious!? And the log....
This was a very slippery long that I wondered onto just above Adams falls, near the beginning of the trail. I took some boring pics, and then set the Tv to 1/6sec. I tried at this frame for 12 shots or so, and three of them came our without any blurr!!! !


No comments: