Wednesday, April 23, 2008

MOREL!


I finally found one! Ive hiked all over the city an in all sorts of habitats, and finally found one! Unfortunately, I ran ran it over with the mower in OUR FRONT YARD in leawood, Ks. The shroom was growing along a garden row in the grass- the nearest tree is an old elm. I hit it with the wheel of the mower and broke it off of the ground. I think that this is what they call a Grey Morel... its about 1.3 inches tall and there were no others around.

good and bad to everything- Just as I had called off the search for the treasured fungi my hope in their discovery was renewed.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

We must have just missed you! Larry R. and I were at Isley that day. I was there from 9:00 am until 1:00 pm and got some good shots of the Yellow-rumped Warblers hanging out in the shelter parking lot. We pulled some garlic mustard and honeysuckle and saw some nice birds.