Friday, February 8, 2008

Prairie Centre


I have not been to the area in forever, and could not remember what it was. When I arrived I immediately recognized the small stone house and the vast stand of prairie plants behind it. The grass was very thick... near rank. Its filled with small woodies, but was still very nice. A lone tree that cast a dark shadow on the dead grass made for an interesting subject. I completed a photography assignment with the tree and circled the perimeter of the park.

There were a lot of cardinals, some chickadees, titmice and some sparrows. A small kestral was startled by my approach- I only noticed him when he flew off. The bird was colorful.

It was warm, windy. The breeze felt nice and worked the golden grasses into waves. Each stem and leaf swayed with another.



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This is great info to know.