Sunday, January 27, 2008

SWOPE

Rocky Point Glades 1-26-08.

Swope park. Rocky point; Blue River glades; Lake of the woods; The Zoo; LNC
THIS WAS AN ICE FORMATION ON A SMALL CREEK; Paper thin and melting quick! The blue river (seen here behind the Swope pool area) was completely frozen over! The ice was about 5 inches thick; it cracked and shattered were the river had dropped. I walked across slowly to see if I could... glad it worked !!!


MY area for the coming Blue River Clean up (XVII) is that between the Swope golf course and the Swope pool. It will be my first time leading a group for the event, though I have participated with the clean up for just about as long as I can remember! I walked the area yesterday to see what my group would be cleaning. It was not as bad as Ive seen many areas, but there was defenately work to be done! A dozen tires or so, a KC STAR newspaper dispencer, a handful of gas tanks and matresses and a couple of moderate garbage dumps seem to be the worst of it. There were some pretty interesting things burried in the confused trash piles, as there always is! Things like old steel kegs and a zillion playing balls were closer to the river.
I look forward to participating in the clean up as a group leader- this will be a nice, safer site to work on!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

reminds me of a fingerprint