Monday, March 30, 2009

RockyPoint SNOW!

Is a March 30th-snow so unusual for the city I live in? Its odd how oblivious I am to the norms of a place as familiar as Swope or even my city.

Last night's storm iced The Hill to bootlace-height. The snow is a wet, melting one; the ground is still defrosted from the few days of nice and our newest precip. has been melting since it landed. A forecast of 4-9inches would have been very accurate if the first few hours had an opportunity to accumulate.
....It was enough to make the glades brilliant. The forest above and below them, too! Oakwood was slick, and a pair of vehicles was parked on the bottom. My wheels spun like last December's ice storm... I started to regret the climb when I hit a slow, bumpy curve only half-way up- but I got to the top with a bed full of wet ice. A single pair of tire tracks marked the road-

I slipped onto the glades from behind the pool and did a short circle around the two finest openings- The ground was soggy, and I never found any serious ice. Soon it was the trees that took my attention- they'd been beautiful and crystal-like before and now they rained slush-balls.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What's up to every body, it'ѕ mу fiгst pay a vіsіt of thіs
ωebѕіte; this web sitе contains аweѕοme and aсtually goоd mаterial іn
suрport of readers.

my wеbpаge ... fatnews.com