Thursday, October 23, 2008

2008- One Year !







It was this date ONE YEAR ago that I created the blog, Then WILDKC. The blog was here to help me share my photos- It became more of a personal journal. I discovered a company that shared the name of my blog, and I changed it to avoid any legal anythings- It became "The Bloom..."
My posts have attracted many who share my interests- gaining attention with the help of friends and family in Kansas City. It became an excuse to get out onto the field and into my favorite natural places. Many folks have told me that they enjoy visiting THE BLOOM and finding a new post; I was told that my writing contributed as equally to the infrequent publication as my photos did. With all of the good feedback, however, was bad.

Several comments made about the posts attacked myself and my entries- There were people who told me that I was exploiting and endangering the subjects which I covered.
Nonetheless, Ive enjoyed visiting every site every time, and Ive enjoyed posting almost as much! At times, posting has resembled work more than anything else that I was up to!
Ive visited a lot of places in a year- enough to have posted once every 2.8 days on average! !!
Every one of them has had something else to offer- whether I visit for only a few hours, or many days at a time. I fell in love with the Missouri river and with the Rockies, I rediscovered a passion for rocks and crystals, and found a new obsession for the world of FUNGI!
And on almost every trip, especially the longer ones, there has been a sweet surprise waiting for me- A wonderful, unexpected visitor or an elusive resident that seems to become more significant than even the original purpose of my visit; A goat on Antero and even a single woodcock flushing from a rabbit hunt have been the highlights of the visits that I encountered them on.
I certainly wont be forgetting the Spruce Grove thunderstorm or floating down the river with Steve and Mel anytime soon.
Its been great, though I am disappointed with the year's photos. Definitely like black and white better! I had some incredible opportunities and experiences that I feel my pictures gave no justice to- maybe next year. I would love to visit more of California and Texas- and you can be sure I'll be carrying a tripod more often!
For now, the smell of fall is in the air- the leaves are hittin' the ground and I cant wait for Burn season! I am excited for what the seasons will teach me.. get out; if you cant, then I hop my blog offers some kind of vacation into the wild for you! Enjoy 2009!! (I WILL!)


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The lessons are geared to enable learners to understand conversations, and communicate with German speaking natives. [url=http://www.mulberryhandbagssale.co.uk]http://www.mulberryhandbagssale.co.uk[/url Another jump back to the near-present shows Mal encountering Kaylee, who apologizes for being unable to fix the ship. [url=http://www.goosecoatsale.ca]canada goose down coat[/url] Kyvcvxvmy
[url=http://www.pandorajewelryvip.co.uk]pandora bracelet charms[/url] Cuxqfepqs [url=http://www.officialcanadagooseparkae.com]canada goose chilliwack[/url] sqxzldufk

Anonymous said...

Hi! Sоmeone in mу Facebooκ gгoup sharеd thіs ѕite ωith us
ѕο I сamе to takе a look. ӏ'm definitely loving the information. I'm bookmarking anԁ will be twеeting this
to my fоllowеrs! Terгific blog аnԁ
excellent dеsign and stуlе.


Check out my page toy