Wednesday, May 14, 2008

house cleaning


pawpaw flower below blue-river glades

Ive been to the usual places in South KC- filled the memory crds over the past week or so and am emptying them in preparation for my coming trip with MO river relief.
in bloom:
strawberry
dewberry
paw-paw
pucoon
columbine
hyacinth
false garlic
mayapple
sweet cicely
sorrel
phlox
hemlock
alexander
verbena
Squaw weed
and something called a hispid buttercup I had to look up-

Owl-eyed click beetle HUGE- the beetle meausred about 1.25in and emerged from some wood I was splitting. ve found them on J smith and in Swope park before-we are on the very edge of their range.

HISPID buttercup- a new species for me- I found it near the river in Minor Park

COLUMBINE is in full bloom throughout Swope park... these flowers were all at Blue river glades this morning. they scale the limestone and need very little dirt. Bottom one is cool- columbine is ofen seen growing with Virginia creeper.

No comments: